7-Eleven Stores Pty Ltd ("We") are sensitive to privacy issues and fully committed to complying with our obligations under the Privacy Act. We operate this Site and conduct our business in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
What information We collect
In general you may visit the Site without disclosing who you are or revealing any personally identifiable information. Our servers collect the domain names and operating system in use. Email addresses and other personally identifiable information such as name, address, telephone number become known only when voluntarily provided by you as a visitor to the Site for a particular purpose eg. –
- registering for participation in a competition;
- making a franchise or other specific enquiry necessitating a response; or
- participating in any available online interactive activity.
How We use information
Information concerning the domain names and operating systems in use is accessed for the purpose of measuring the use of our Site and to improve its content. Unless otherwise disclosed during the collection process, personally identifiable information which may be collected from visitors to this Site is retained by us but is not (and will not) be onsold to third parties. If you make a request in relation to a product or service provided by one of our suppliers it may be necessary to disclose this personal information to that entity to ensure that your request is satisfied or any issue raised is resolved. We will not otherwise disclose this personal information except when required to do so by law. We may, however, use the personal information you provide for any of the following purposes:-
- to understand the use of our Site and to make improvements;
- to respond to particular requests from visitors;
- in general to promote and market to you our various businesses and products and those of our trading partners. You have a choice as to how We can communicate with you for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you may opt out of receiving them by forwarding an email to email@example.com Additionally, any email promotion message which We send to you will also contain instructions on how to unsubscribe
Access to personal information and correction of it
We are concerned to ensure that any information We obtain and use is accurate in all respects. You can request access to your personal information or advise us of any required correction and information which you believe to be inaccurate by forwarding a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Although We are committed to ensuring that at all times there is strict adherence to the Australian Privacy Principles, in the event that you are dissatisfied in any way with the collection or use of your personal information or believe that there has been a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles We invite you to contact us as soon as possible. We have appointed an internal Privacy Complaints Manager (who is also our Privacy Officer) to whom your complaint or any queries may be directed by e-mail at email@example.com
Alternatively you can write to "Privacy Complaints Manager, 7-Eleven Stores Pty Ltd, 357 Ferntree Gully Road, Mount Waverley, 3149". If you are not satisfied with the manner in which We deal with your complaint you may refer it to the office of the Australian Information Commissioner ("OAIC"). You can contact OAIC by:-
- visiting www.oaic.gov.au;
- forwarding an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephoning 1300 363 992; or
- writing to OAIC at GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Disclosing your information overseas
We do not presently send any personal information that we collect to overseas entities. If there is any alteration to that position at any future time, particulars will be provided in an update to this Policy.
This Site may contain links to the sites of third parties. We are not responsible for the content or information or practices adopted by other websites which you may access from, or may be linked to, this Site. Where a link is available it is provided merely as a guide to information on other services or products which may be useful to you. Those sites are subject to their own privacy protocols and you should carefully review the privacy statement of any such site before providing personal information.
Revision in policy